The terms of this Addendum apply to residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws. The CCPA provides California residents with certain legal rights such as access, deletion, disclosure, or “do not sell.” These rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Over the past 12 months, through your use of our Services, we may have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information from or about consumers, as defined in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, such as phone number, name, email address, mailing address, date of birth, gender, age, physical characteristics or description, or health insurance information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing activity and interactions with our website.
- Prescription lens data from eye care professionals or directly from consumers;
- Commercial information, including payment card information and transaction verification information.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To operate and administer the Services requested;
- To fulfill customer orders;
- To communicate with you;
- To improve our services;
- To personalise our services for you;
- To maintain the safety and security of our users; and
- To address and remediate technical issues and bugs.
We disclose each category of personal information to the following types of entities:
- Our affiliate companies within our corporate group who process your personal information in order to operate the Services
- Other companies that provide services on our behalf who are prohibited by contract from retaining, using, or disclosing personal information for any purpose other than for providing the services to us
- Regulators and judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies
- Professional advisors such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
- Entities that acquire all or substantially all of our business
- With other third parties upon your direction or with your consent
In the past 12 months, we have not sold personal information of California residents within the meaning of “sold” in the CCPA.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident and the CCPA does not recognise an exemption that applies to you or your personal information, you have the right to:
Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
Request we delete personal information we collected from you, unless CCPA recognises an exemption; and
Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights including providing a different level or quality of services or deny goods or services to you when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We aim to fulfil all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If necessary, extensions for an additional 45 days will be accompanied by an explanation for the delay.
How to Exercise Your Rights
You can contact us via email at DPO@hoya.com. California residents may also contact us by calling (844) 735-5773. You may also designate an authorised agent to make these requests on your behalf. For requests by an agent, we may require you to verify your identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorised agent permission to submit the request.